- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Walled Garden - The structure rises!
The steel frame of the new Pavilion has arrived giving the first glimpses of the flagship feature of the Walled Garden project.
The Friends, Museum team and others involved with the project took a moment of rejoicing as the steel frame for the new Pavilion arrived recently.
We all took a moment of reflection, just over a year and half ago we had a plan but the walled garden, sitting at the heart of an award winning park was derelict and had largely been forgotten. With the support and help of lots of people and organisations we have managed to get so far in a difficult climate.
A little bit of self-indulgence is also required here! During this project the Museum team have continued to deliver everything you, our visitors, have come to expect from your local museum. The passion, motivation and dedication in the team never waivers as we aim, with the Friends of the Museum, to deliver the vision for the Walled Garden. Thank you for your continued support.
For more on the Walled Garden plan visit: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/walled-garden-project/
More information about the Friends of the Museum can be found here: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/friends-of-the-museum/
Older Blog Items
Walled Garden - Springing into Life
This time last year the hard landscaping of the Walled Garden had just been completed - difficult to remember now, how it looked!
Walled Garden - Now Open!
The Walled Garden is brought back to life...
Walled Garden - Secrets to be revealed
A lot has been happening in the background in the Walled Garden...
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on