- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- Stroud Childrens Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- The Robbins and Roberts Pleasure Garden
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
The Friends of The Museum in the Park is a charitable trust which aims to support the work of the Museum and to promote interest in all aspects of the Museum's work.
We fundraise to support Museum projects and the acquisition of new pieces for the collection. Our present task is to raise £30,000 to support the next phase in the development and restoration of the Walled Garden Project. As we work towards achieving this important goal, your support is more important than ever. For more information on this exciting project, please visit The Walled Garden page.
Become a Friend...
The Friends of Stroud District Museum Registered Charity Number 1154377
We are part of the British Association of Friends of Museums. The BAFM is a national independent organisation established in 1973, for Friends, volunteers and supporters in museums, galleries and heritage sites.
Please click on the downloads below to open the document you are interested in.
For the Museum's upcoming events, please click here
Use the drop down menu to download recent copies of The Jackdaw
Friends' Newsletter Downloads
By joining the Friends of the Museum in the Park you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Reductions on tickets to talks, workshops and Friends organised trips.
- Exclusive invitations to exhibition previews.
- A free copy of our quarterly magazine, The Jackdaw.
With a Friends' membership, you will be entitled to discounts on many of the Museum's listed events, alongside the exclusive Friends organised trips, talks and workshops.
To download the standard Friends' Events Booking Form, please click here.
Our full 2015 programme of events is currently being arranged and will be announced in the Spring edition of Jackdaw. For details of upcoming events, please click here.
Did you know?
In addition to the current Walled Garden Project, the Friends have had several successful fundraising projects, including the installation of the Museum's donations box and funding the wooden furniture outside in the Museum courtyard.
We are currently fundraising for the exciting Walled Garden Project and need your help! You can support the project in a quick and easy way with our new text donation service. Simply text WGDN23 £(the amount you wish to donate e.g. £5) to 70070.