- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Certain Wytches Events
- Stroud Book Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Cheltenham Illustration Awards: Tales Through Others Eyes
- La Nina Aurelia
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Preliminary Design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre
One highlight from our recent acquisitions case is a 1971 booklet showing an artist's impression of the main hall.
The Museum has recently acquired a donation of over a 100 items, which include plans dating from the 1960s and 1970s of Stratford Park Leisure Centre. They show the centre as it was originally planned, prior to being built and finally opened in 1975.
The Museum is offered around 100 objects or object groups each year. Some of these feature in our temporary Recent Acquisitions Case which is changed once a quarter.
The current display also features material relating to Stroud Festival, a Soda Siphon from Stroud Brewery; material relating to Cashes Green resident Leonard Holder.
These give a highlight of the variety of material offered and held by the Museum, but also how every object has a story.
More information on recent acquisitions can be found here.
Photograph: Bound booklet showing a preliminary design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre, by John Rice D S Roberts Architects, dating from March 1971. The open page shows an artist’s impression of the main hall. (2016.29/51)
Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
Work by tapestry artist Anne Jackson exploring 'witchcraft' comes to the Museum in the Park.
Museum retains national quality mark
The Museum in the Park retains official tourist board's quality assurance mark
Children's Festival coming to town this weekend...
Art, music, storytelling and ground-breaking opera for the young at heart! An action-packed weekend of events coming to Stroud celebrating both nature and literature.
Museum Art Gallery Runner Up in Gloucestershire Awards
The Museum in the Park's Art Gallery was recently voted 'Runner Up' in the Gloucestershire Muddy Stilettos Awards 2017.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on